What We Offer
Our approach combines the best people with the innovative application of cutting-edge ideas and techniques. GeoPlus Services collaborates with top research institutes and companies in the field of geological research, exploration, laboratory investigations and mining projects.
We consult customers on all aspects, ranging from exploration of reserves to licensing process on a wide range of deposits.
We provide efficient communication and focus our efforts on attention to detail and absolute transparency at every step of the design process.
We have a depth of experience that allows our clients to focus on corporate management, rather than the issues of day to day raw material management.
We support our customers as an effective interface with the authorities involved.
- Geology and mining: geological survey and deposits development, the definition of resources / reserves, specific studies and documentation for the authorization of quarries and sand / gravel pits, the reclamation / rehabilitation of mining sites;
- Environment: investigation of contaminated sites: mapping contaminated groundwater, landfills, infiltration of pollutant fluids in groundwater;
- Forestry: land cover analysis of the vegetation, automatic tree detection – for forest inventory, mapping – of experimental or diseased forested areas, detection of wind or landslide damages – affecting forested areas, orthographic detailed images – special forested areas;
- Agriculture: monitoring – plant health and density on plots, soil assessment – on large areas (temperature, humidity, slopes, odds, etc.), plant emergence and population – density, metric elements, fertility – assessment of culture vigor at different stages of growth, insurance – digital recording of areas affected by events that led to crop losses.
- Annual operating permit – is issued for a short period of up to one year to the first applicant (natural or legal entity), for rocks usable in constructions and peat accumulations, and which can be extracted only in limited specified quantities
- Prospecting permit – is issued for a maximum of 3 years, without the right of prolongation
- Bidding folders – needed for Romanian or foreign legal entities for participation in the public bidding contest;
- Exploration licenses – awarded to the winner of a public tender for a maximum of 5 years, with the right to extend for up to 3 years, within the perimeter already granted
- Operating licenses – shall be granted directly to the holder of the exploration license at his request for any mineral resources discovered or to the winner of a public bidding contest organized by the competent authority
- Geological Mapping – Geological maps provide exploration agencies or companies with regional geological and geophysical information so that target areas that are confided to have a better prospect in terms of mineral deposits may be identified.
- Remote sensing and drone air-photo interpretation – Geological applications of remote sensing include the following: superficial deposit / bedrock mapping, lithological mapping, structural mapping, sand and gravel (aggregate) exploration/ exploitation, mineral exploration, environmental geology, geobotany, baseline infrastructure, sedimentation mapping and monitoring, event mapping and monitoring, geo-hazard mapping
- Geophysical methods – Electrical or direct current methods measure the bulk resistivity of subsurface materials to determine geologic structure and/or physical properties of the subsurface materials. An electrical current is introduced directly into the ground through an evenly spaced string of current electrodes. The resulting voltage potential difference is measured between a pair of potential electrodes. The current and the potential electrodes are generally arranged in a linear pattern. The apparent resistivity is the bulk average resistivity of all soils and rock influencing the flow of current.
- The Electrical Resistivity method is useful for the following: lateral extent and thickness of landfills, determine depth to bedrock and overburden thickness, identify sinkholes, characterize subsurface hydrogeology, locate water bearing zones, paleochannel delineation, determine depth to groundwater, evaluate electrical grounding characteristics, map stratigraphy, map clay aquitards, map salt-water intrusion, map vertical extent of certain types of soil and groundwater contamination, map faults, map lateral extent of conductive contaminant plumes, delineate disposal areas.
- Geochemical methods – involve the measurement of the chemistry of the rock, soil, stream sediments or plants to determine abnormal chemical patterns, which may point to areas of mineralisation. When a mineral deposit forms, the concentration of the ore “metals” and a number of other elements in the surrounding rocks is usually higher than normal.
- Drilling – is used to obtain very detailed information about rock types, mineral content, rock fabric and the relationships between rock layers close to the surface and at depth. Drilling is only used in areas that have been selected as “targets” from geological, geophysical and/or geochemical methods.
- Safe work environment for employees, clients and visitors
- Respect for people and the environment on all projects
- Quality services and peer reviewed reports
- Confidentiality and consistent communication during project
- Highly qualified and experienced staff
- Innovative data management for clients’ projects
- Geol. surveys, QA/QC program, geol. database 35% 35%
- Estimation & evaluation of resources & reserves 45% 45%
- Permitting: geol. & mining documentations 90% 90%
- Quarry closure and reclamation plans 27% 27%
- Reporting – public reports (PERC) 25% 25%
- Slope stability assessment 25% 25%
- Environmental applications 68% 68%
- Terrain, high-resolution imagery & GIS 75% 75%
Who are our clients?
Companies from construction material industry: cement, lime, aggregates, bricks and tiles, etc
The services offered are specific to the extraction operations in limestone quarries, marl, clay and sand, gypsum, etc. These include:
– geological and geophysical investigations for detailing or expanding the deposits;
– documentation for obtaining permits or exploitation licenses;
– programs for the rehabilitation of excavated areas with ground and air monitoring with drones of health status and evolution and diversity of vegetation;
– topography and high resolution images with 2D and 3D modeling of pits and bilges;
– the stability of the slopes or the evolution of the landslides.
Operators of industrial and domestic waste management, public administration, local communities
Investigation of contaminated sites, industrial waste dumps or household waste dumps: high resolution photogrammetric mapping, mapping contaminated pollutants in the underground of landfills, infiltration of pollutant fluids in groundwater.
Agriculture, forestry and other land use
Precision agriculture combines various information collected by drones mounted sensors as well as real-time images to improve farm productivity by mapping spatial variability and soil health monitoring, crop health monitoring, planning irrigation plans, application of fertilizers, etc.
In forestry, dwarfs are used to map forests and landscapes to improve operational management and planning, including monitoring of illegal activities and indictments. Data can also be collected for the calculation of various key forest indicators such as carbon sequestration, coronation analysis, indigenous species tracking, biodiversity and ecological landscape monitoring.